2010-03-08

Artwork by Andrew Binkley & processing.org

For Spring break I went to Hawaii with my girlfriend Dora. Several cousins of mine live in Maui on adjacent property. Andrew Binkley the son of my cousin Andrea Binkley was a buddhist monk in Thailand for several years. Andrew has a wonderful website which shows some of his work in the photography medium. www.andrewbinkley.com



Andrew and I only had a few minutes to talk. I told him about Hugin, and in return Andrew directed my attention to processing.org. Apparently it is a programming language with the visual medium in mind. Some very cool visual effects can be generated with this software/language. Quite a few are even interactive and real time which is very impressive. Fortunately this too is free, open-source & cross platform =).

No comments: